Saturday, January 26, 2008

Those Three letters...

Read this Dilbert strip on HT last week...


Kinda reminds me of a Professor of mine...from my classes...

I'm sure you've noticed, most successful people are annoying as hell...
And this professor is no exception...He got some high rank in the IIT-JEE and got into the Mumbai IIT, after which he started teaching, ONE YEAR after he finished his own exam...he started his own damn coaching classes, and now works as a professor part time...

He tried to 'encourage' us to work harder by talking about the perks of being an IITian...his speech was something like this


Sir:-Ahem...now...anyone here on Orkut, facebook, Hikut, Chirkut, Friendster, or BigAdda?

Class:- *uneasy silence*

Sir:- I'd advise you to stop doing such timepass right now...look...let me tell you...I have all the compilations Of Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Garfield, Pearls Before Swine, Doonesbury,Asterix and Tintin...


Me:- *thinking*Okay...assuming that's true, since the cost of one C&H book is 700 bucks, and the number of em will be around 10, he just put down 7 grand on ONE SEVENTH of his Comic Book collection...approximately...


Prof:- *Continues* I also have a PS2, a PS3 and an Xbox 360...several suppliers and developers have approached me to be part of their beta testing teams, when I was living in the UK, and on more than a few occasions. And so I've been given a copy of a game sometimes several weeks beforehand...I'm currently playing Gears Of War, Burnout Paradise and Assassin's Creed...

I've watched Alvin and the Chipmunks thrice, and Taare Zameen Par 5 times already, twice before it actually released, and all this is because of those three letters that are part of my Resume...'I I T'...

If I wasn't an IITian, I'd probably be working for an IITian who'd call me up at 11pm to say 'Hey dude, could you do this work too?'

So thats why you have to work hard for the next two years...


He was trying to encourage us...all he did was piss us the hell off...that old fart gets to play Assassin's friggin Creed while we slog our rears off...!

More funny Dilbert Strips now...these are on Asok the IITian...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails