Tuesday, October 23, 2007

'The Unwilling Somaiyaite'-How I got into this Hell-Hole...

A lot of you...(If anyone even visits this corner of the net) may wonder WTF the title stands for...

An Explanation is what you deserve, and here it is:-

(WARNING- GRATUITOUS RANTING AHEAD)

After living 16 fun years, the education system decided that I was finally old enough have my ass chomped down on by the jaws of Board exams...

(for those of you lucky folks who are blissfully oblivious, My college admission depended on the shitty 2-digit number I got as a total percentage...Why oh why does the board exam give you the right to judge a person??its a F***ing test result, not a background check...Must be an 'Indian' thing)

So when I finally realized that people look at you funny and discriminate because you didn't cross the 85% barrier (In the case of a science student anyway) I had 3 months to get my ass in line...

Gifted student that I am, I scored 86...

Sadly, this year the yardstick was raised to an 88, after a lot of students crossed the 85 barrier...

This meant that I missed the college I wanted to get into by 1%..and I was presented with a dilemma...

Go to a respected college thats far away...
OR
Go to an O.K. college thats close by...

'Far away' means I have to spend 3 hours a day travelling by train with people packed in like sardines in a can, and my nose stuck in some fellow commuters armpit...this is the reason I picked the O.K. college...lenient attendance, nice timings...close by...what else could a guy want...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails