Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sweet, Sweet, Frightening Freedom...

CET is over. Done with. The last really important Engineering Entrance exam that I had to write. I'm free. Free like a bird. Shit, this is hard to accept. Like the shackles have fallen away, but I'm still not moving. Like I've done my Jail Time, and I don't know what to do now that I'm out of Prison.

Had a ridiculously fun time on the 12th. Headed out with my college friends. The guys I mentioned last time. Headed out to Ghatkopar, which, while not being much of a place to hit clubs or whatever, Is a place where the dudes love their food.

We spent close to four hours there, talking, laughing, stuffing our faces, and walking about town at 10:30 (the dead of night for Ghatkopar) laughing loud enough to wake the dead. Or at least some Gujju aunties. We were being ridiculously loud and obnoxious. In a loud and obnoxious way. Which is of course, loudly. And with great obnoxiousness. It was hella fun. Vents the bad vibes right out of your system. It also helps that I really don't know anybody who lives there, so I could be as L & O (don't tell me you need me to type that out once more) as I wanted.

And through that, no calls from my parents asking about when I was coming home. Because there wasn't much need for me to be at home. I'd just be passing time there too.

Right there, if you listened hard enough, you could hear the silence, which is also the sound of someone not nagging you.
Which is something I've been waiting four bloody years for.

But that silence ended up being very unsettling. Once you have the freedom to do as you please, you don't really feel like doing anything at all.

But screw that, Over the course of two long and painful years I have made a list of things to do, and I'll be damned if anything gets in my way now. Even my own disinterest.

I'm going to update like a fiend from now on. Telling you about the Hella fun I intend to have.

3 comments:

Selenium said...

Crap... when will my time come...

*Selenium Drowns himself in a book titled - Semiconductor Materials and Devices*

I still have four papers to go :|

Mihir Pathare said...

"Once you have the freedom to do as you please, you don't really feel like doing anything at all."

What are you talking about? O_O

You have a the internet, and you have a functioning penis between your legs. Go crazy!

:P

Jokes aside, yeh, you should find something to do with your time now. Try learning salsa. It's a great way to meet new people, and totlly simple too. ^_^

Arr0w said...

Salsa? I'd eat it, thats all.

Two guys have already suggested it to me, and that's because they're too nervous to go alone.Dammit, Is this the only remaining way to meet girls in this city?

I'm learning driving, Wednesday onwards, I'm setting up a new forum too. Annnd, let's not forget that bitch of an exam known as BITS is on 7th June. So, not all free anymore.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails